How Do I Apply?


Weatherization - How Do I Apply?

You must be a resident of Sacramento, Sutter, or Yuba County to qualify for CRP's LIHEAP Program.  Your household must also meet certain income guidelines.  Based on our agency plan, CRP also takes into consideration the percentage of your household's total income spent on utility bills, as well as key demographic qualities of the household. 

Income guidelines for the LIHEAP Program for the 2022 calendar year are as follows:

Number of Persons in Household          Monthly Income Up To              
1 $2,564.73
2 $3,353.87
3 $4,143.02
4 $4,932.17
5 $5,423.19
6 $6,510.46
7 $6,658.43
8 $6,806.39
9 $6,954.36
10 $7,102.32


Sacramento, Sutter and Yuba Counties

For more information about the weatherization program, please call  (916) 567-5220.

Our office phone lines are open for clients Monday through Friday from the hours of 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. A weatherization specialist will work with you to determine if you are eligible for the program and assist in filling out an application.

You will need the following documents for the application process:

  1. Current copies of your utility bills, which must cover at least 22 days of service at your current address. If you receive service from both PG&E and SMUD, provide copies of both bills.
  2. Current copies of income for everyone in your household for the last six weeks. Acceptable proof of income includes:
    • SSI, SSA, Pension, or Retirement: provide a current print out from the Social Security Office, award letter, bank statement, or stub for the current month.  1099 forms will NOT be accepted.
    • AFDC / CAL WORKS Program: a current print out from your worker showing Cash Aid and Food Stamp amount.
    • Wages: Pay stubs for the last six weeks from the date you submit your application.
    • Once a month → CRP needs 1 current pay stub
    • Bi-weekly → CRP needs 2 current pay stubs
    • Once a week → CRP needs 4 current pay stubs
    • Twice a month → CRP needs 2 current pay stubs


HEAP - How Do I Apply?

You can easily apply for energy assistance online! Click the big green button below to get started.

If you have questions about an existing application, please email or residents of Sacramento County can call (916) 567-5200. Phone lines are open Monday through Friday, 8:30a.m. - 12:00p.m. and from 1:00p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Residents of Sutter and Yuba Counties can call (530) 671-7590.  Phone lines for Sutter and Yuba Counties are open Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00a.m. - 12:00p.m. and 1:00p.m. - 3:00p.m.

Seniors and Disabled Persons
If you are the age of sixty years old or older or you are currently receiving disability income, you may contact us to request an application be mailed it to your home.


Contact Us

Main Office:
(916) 567-5220
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

 Email WIC


(916)  567-5200

 Email HEAP


(916)  567-5220

 Email Weatherization